Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Football is Back!!!

So, I officially suck at blogging. I started out well, but I have had trouble keeping up with my posts lately. School is getting tougher and tougher and taking up more of my time. But hopefully this summer I will be able to find some extra time and post once everyday! For those people who try to read this regularly, I'm sorry!

However, SPRING IS HERE! Actually, it feels to me like we just completely bypassed spring and skipped right to summer. Last couple of days have been hot and humid, hopefully this will be payback for our horrible winter.

The annual Spring Football Game is this Saturday, 4/26!!! Hopefully the weather will be beautiful, as I hope to tailgate with some friends! According to Coach Kill from this week's IHS, look for more of a practice type "game". With all of our injuries, it is a must to make sure everyone stays healthy closing out the spring. I believe WR Marcus Perez went down with an ankle injury this week, lets hope nothing serious. At the Spring Game, they will be selling super cheap $8 tickets for the home opener against Indiana State!

Also, NIU will be offering a 3 game mini package for football this season! The games will be versus Indiana State, Miami, and Navy. Look for more information on NIUHuskies.com

Construction has officially begun on the new Track/Soccer complex west of Huskie Stadium!

One final news bit, Ricardo Patton made a huge splash in signing G Xavier Silas from Colorado! An orginial Patton recruit at Colorado, Silas averaged over ten points as a true freshman in the Big 12. Silas will have to sit out the 2008-09 year, but look for him to be tearing up MAC opponents in 2009-10!