Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring is here! Wait...

Well, today is officially a beautiful day in DeKalb. There's not a cloud in the sky, the snow is gone, birds are singing, and the sun is shining. For the first time in a few months, I actually saw a car with rims cruisin' the campus of NIU...windows down...subs blasting! As any current/recent student of NIU understands, this means it's almost summer!


BUT...and that's a big but, weather.com is calling for a possible 4-6 inch snowfall on friday, with temperatures hovering around 30 degrees all day. This sucks because my GF and her mom and sister we're supposed to come for a little visit that day! And...I was going to go home to watch the IceHogs! I guess we'll just play it by ear.


Anyway, NIU Huskie Baseball opens up their MAC schedule this weekend with a 3 game series at Buffalo. The game will be played at St. Bonaventure University because of "unplayable field conditions" at UB. The Bulls are sitting with a record of 5-11, while the Huskies come in with a record of 4-10. NIU basically dominated the series with Buffalo last year, winning both games at NIU. I'll admit, I'm not much of an expert on NIU Baseball, and I hope to attend my first game next week against Bradley.


If the Huskies manage a win this weekend against the Bulls, NIU coach Ed Mathey will become the ALL-TIME WINNINGEST COACH in NIU history!

In more baseball news, there was a great article in my hometown paper about Huskie LF Jeff Thomas.

Finally, here is a funny picture for the day...it brings me back to my basketball days in middle school/high school. And just to give you a visual...I wasn't the tall guy. Sad thing about this is that 7' 7" Kenny George is from Chicago! Where were you Rob Judson!